|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
OH&S legislation places health and safety responsibility at the top of an organization. Senior executive and management must take “all reasonable care to ensure corporate compliance”. Also, the Bill C-45 Amendments to Canada’s Criminal Code requires corporate officers or directors to exercise the reasonable care needed to stop reckless corporate health and safety violations. This online course describes these responsibilities and provides examples of the recommended and required activities to help build and maintain a high-level health and safety program.
- The Internal Responsibility System
- Employer duties and responsibilities
- General compensation requirements for Canadian Provinces and Territories
- Enforcement, prosecutions and criminal liability
- Due diligence
- High performance Health and Safety Programs
- Essential components of a Workplace Health and Safety System
Upon completion of the course you will know how to:
- Understand senior management’s role in a complete health and safety program
- Describe the legal context for senior executives and their heath and safety responsibilities
- Establish the importance of health and safety culture within an organization
- Discuss the components of a strong health and safety program
Average time to complete this course is approximately one hour.
- Senior Executives
- Chief Executive Officers
- Upper Management and Supervisors
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.